Thanks for visiting our kinderblog



Monday, October 24, 2011

Guided reading groups began today

Good afternoon,
I'm happy to report that we started our reading groups today. You're child is bringing home a book in a bag that s/he is excited to share with you today. Please be sure to return the book & bag tomorrow. The best tip I can give you is praise, praise, praise! If your child forgets a word or two simply go back and reread it after the first time through and prompt them with "let's look at that word", "what sound should we be getting our mouths ready for?". I'm sending home prompts that we will be using in class to keep at home. You'll want to keep these handy until you're more comfortable with prompting on your own.

I usually have a letter I send with the book explaining, but I couldn't locate it today. I believe it's on my home computer, so I'll try to send it tomorrow.
Have fun reading this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment