Thanks for visiting our kinderblog



Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homework tonight or tomorrow

Hello,
     Today your child is bringing home a note regarding our research writing.  Please return the information and photo by Thursday morning.  If you don't have a printer, I'm happy to find and print the photo here.

     For those home sick today. I'm going to past in the note, but I don't have a digital copy saved of the form.  It's just a simple fill in the blank of  Where it lives, what it eats, what kind of animal (mammal, fish etc.) and something interesting about the animal.
Thanks for your support from home!
Take care

Here's the note:

Dear Parents,
          Over the next two weeks your child will be involved in a nonfiction research investigation.  First, we will do a whole-class investigation.  After coming up with a long list of animals that our class was interested in studying, we narrowed it down to fewer choices and then voted.  The final result was turtles.  I will be walking students through an exact model of the research report they will be doing.
         
We are teaching children today that we can research topics not only by looking at books and magazines, but by talking and learning from people or looking on the Internet.  We will be using all the skills taught in our non-fiction writing unit to write a report.

Next, here’s where I need your help…I am requesting that you take a few minutes tonight and/ tomorrow. Then help your child choose an animal that he/she would like to research on his/her own.  Please be sure it will be an animal they know little about, as some dog lovers want to report on dogs, which would leave little investigating.  We will begin individual reports by the end of the week.  Please take time to explore information about the animal your child chooses.  Have him or her record simple facts regarding what the animal eats, where it lives, what it does and what it looks like… Please use the attached sheet to guide you. We will be doing this in class as well.  So, please don’t feel you are doing a report at home.  We are only asking for your support in sharing information with your child as research.  Each child will create an animal report throughout the next two weeks.  Finally, your child will need a photograph of his/her chosen animal to be used in the report.  I believe you will be able to find this on the internet.  It should be an exciting time of year for our young writers!


Thank you for your support!
Mrs. LaBlanc

No comments:

Post a Comment